Everything. Right where you need it.
Nestled in the majestic glory of Thames, at the Imperial Hotel, you’ll enjoy the hustle bustle of the biggest town on the Coromandel. Bringing you over one century of exceptional service, the Imperial Hotel was established in 1900 and has since moved from its original location to the opposite corner where it exists to serve all your vacation needs.
The Imperial hotel provides you with everything you need and more for a memorable experience in New Zealand’s beautiful Waikato. Its central location makes it easy to commute around town and take in the local lifestyle of the region. We offer 17 smoke-free guestrooms, an inhouse restaurant and bar, and of course, free Wi-Fi to keep you connected to friends and family while you’re away.
Coromandel is renowned for its natural beauty, rainforests, golden beaches with lots more to discover along the way! To give you a bit of a head start, we’ve listed a few spots that will definitely pique your interest:
- Coromandel Coastal Walkway – Beautiful, untouched, and unreal. This gorgeous walk offers the best of New Zealand with its magnificent views.
- Karangahake Gorge – You’ll feel like you’re in a painting! This walk is a must-do for everyone.
- Cathedral Cove – Rediscover yourself by drinking in magnificent views at this world famous location.
- Hot water beach – Another Kiwi must-do! Visit Coromandel’s famous beach with hot water bubbling through the golden sand for an unforgettable experience.
- The Pinnacles – One of New Zealand’s true hidden treasures. Spend a day (and stay the night!) doing the most popular overnight walk in the area.
- New Chum Beach – Voted as one of the world’s top 10 beaches, enjoy this stunning stretch of beautiful sand to truly appreciate the natural beauty of Aotearoa
- Whenuakura (Donut Island) – Shh… this place is a local secret. Don’t forget to visit this otherworldly coastal attraction!
Amenities and Services
Events and Functions
The location of your next big event is on us. From your next corporate event to workshops and presentations, Imperial Hotel’s beautiful design, fresh decor and world class staff will ensure your next event is surely one to remember.
Rocker Box Bar and Restaurant
Here at the Rocker Box Bar and Restaurant, we strive to create the perfect blend of new and old, by combining Imperial Hotel’s rich history with modern sports bar amenities. Rocker Box goes beyond just food and drinks, any night at our famous Inn will give you an experience you’re unlikely to forget.
Open Daily 9AM – LATE